Test automation engineer
Do you often come across job adverts that look like a chaos of keywords? Have you noticed that the list of required technologies to master might be the longest part of the advertisement and you end up not applying, because of the overwhelming jungle of letter combinations? Don’t worry, let’s keep things simple this time!
We are looking for test automation engineers. Technical knowledge and handling some of the most important tools are essential. In addition to this, we’re not too bothered about a multitude of keywords in your CV because we are simply looking for professionals who have a background in test automation. However, as important as the relevant background is that you share our values and feel that our culture is a match for you.
VALA’s culture is more than just inspirational quotes on screensavers and mousepads. VALA’s culture is a combination of actions, attitudes and relationships, with a hint of idealism.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work. Finding meaningful work for our people is our single most important goal.
- You and your wellbeing is our number one priority, even before our customers.
- An emphatic, flat hierarchy and transparent organizational culture to thrive in.
- Opportunity to participate in the development of the company.
- An excellent environment for professional development, e.g. annual personal education budget and mentoring.
- Professional communities where we share our experiences and learn together
- Lunch, phone and wellbeing benefits. We offer a 500€ annual wellbeing budget (in 2023 it’s 1000€) and you can choose where to use it, e.g. sports, culture, wellbeing or commuting.
- The salary level in this position will be 2900-5350 €/month depending on your skills and experience. In addition, we offer the possibility to participate in future engagement programs.
- On your behalf, we compensate your annual carbon footprint based on calculations of an average person living in Finland.
- Possibility to book a remote week in one of our offices in Southern Spain.
- Comprehensive occupational health care services and care service for a sick child if you wish.
There are some attributes that we hope you to have:
- You value the same principles as us: empathy and sustainability, wellbeing at the center, a self-directed way of working and a life-long learning mentality.
- You get a thrill out of technical challenges and are able to master at least one test automation tool and a coding language.
- You want to guide the customer to select smart test automation solutions that are most effective and maintainable in the long run.
- You have basic understanding of DevOps and know how to utilize test automation effectively in a continuous integration and delivery process.
- You have an eye for details. However, you don’t merely think about technical solutions, but also can improve the cooperation of your team
- You are flexible; can adapt to new teams, domains and ways of working quickly.
- You have courage to bring up your own observations and ideas and discuss your own and others’ ideas constructively.
- Good communication skills. Fluent English is required, Finnish is a plus.
Next, you might be interested in hearing more about our customer projects. We have +40 on-going projects so we can’t describe them all here, but in your daily work, you could be creating a test automation solution for planning the radiation treatment of cancer or developing a test automation solution for a sports application. You can read more about our public references here: References
Our recruitment process:
Our process is lean but thorough. The length of the process is largely depending on you. If you want, we can usually reach a decision in approximately one to two weeks. Here’s the process:
- A culture and value oriented discussion with our people team in which we’ll find out whether VALA would be a home for you where you can feel comfortable, find meaningful work, learn and flourish professionally. Moreover, we want to find out if you would take VALA culture further by joining VALA community work, improving VALA ways of working or mentoring others.
- A coding test or similar for those who will need such skills in their work.
- A second interview with our customer management team to figure out how VALA’s customer projects match your knowledge, wishes and interests.
“I have been working at VALA as a test automation developer since 2019. Technologies used may vary but usually the job includes test automation frameworks, different programming and scripting languages, container technologies and their orchestration, CI/CD tools and cloud platforms. A typical technology stack could be for example: Robot Framework, Python, Selenium, Appium, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Google Cloud. An ideal customer project for me offers the right amount of familiar and new challenges and we share common work methods with the customer. I’m delighted that at VALA I have been able to choose the projects that I find the most interesting and that will benefit my personal development the most. I’ve been given as much responsibility as I’m prepared to take and both VALA and the customers have trusted my independent decision making. Of course you’re never left alone, since the work in the projects is still usually team work and the great VALA people will make sure you’ll have everything needed for everyday work.”
Jan, Test Automation Expert
Fill in the application here below in two minutes! For further information, contact Anni Paro (+358 50 324 7484).
Note for candidates outside Finland: We require an EU working permit.