Test automation architect
Do you often come across job adverts that look like a chaos of keywords? Have you noticed that the list of required technologies to master might be the longest part of the advertisement and you end up not applying, because of the overwhelming jungle of letter combinations? Don’t worry, let’s keep things simple this time!
We are looking for test automation architects. Solid experience of test automation, technical skills and wide experience of different tools are essential. In addition to this, we’re not too bothered about a multitude of keywords in your CV because we are simply looking for professionals who have a background in test automation. However, as important as the relevant background is that you share our values and feel that our culture is a match for you.
VALA’s culture is more than just inspirational quotes on screensavers and mousepads. VALA’s culture is a combination of actions, attitudes and relationships, with a hint of idealism.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work. Finding meaningful work for our people is our single most important goal.
- You and your wellbeing is our number one priority, even before our customers.
- An emphatic, flat hierarchy and transparent organizational culture to thrive in.
- Opportunity to participate in the development of the company.
- An excellent environment for professional development, e.g. annual personal education budget and mentoring.
- Professional communities where we share our experiences and learn together
- Lunch, phone and wellbeing benefits. We offer a 500€ annual wellbeing budget (in 2023 it’s 1000€) and you can choose where to use it, e.g. sports, culture, wellbeing or commuting.
- Possibility to participate in future engagement programs.
- On your behalf, we compensate your annual carbon footprint based on calculations of an average person living in Finland.
- Possibility to book a remote week in one of our offices in Southern Spain.
- Comprehensive occupational health care services and care service for a sick child if you wish.
There are some attributes that we hope you to have:
- You value the same principles as us: empathy and sustainability, wellbeing at the center, a self-directed way of working and a life-long learning mentality.
- You get a thrill out of technical challenges and you have diverse experience in test automation and its tools.
- You want to help the customer in planning and implementing the overall strategy for automating software testing and you can ensure that the automation strategy is in line with the entire software development process.
- You master DevOps procedures and have a good understanding of how to utilize test automation effectively in a continuous integration and delivery process.
- You have an eye for details. However, you don’t merely think about technical solutions, but also can improve the cooperation of your team.
- You are flexible; can adapt to new teams, domains and ways of working quickly.
- You have courage to bring up your own observations and ideas and discuss your own and others’ ideas constructively.
- You will work closely with the development and quality assurance teams, so good communication skills are essential. Fluent English is required, Finnish is a plus.
Next, you might be interested in hearing more about our customer projects. We have +40 on-going projects so we can’t describe them all here, but in your daily work, you could be creating a test automation solution for planning the radiation treatment of cancer or developing a test automation solution for a sports application. You can read more about our public references here: References
Our recruitment process:
Our process is lean but thorough. The length of the process is largely depending on you. If you want, we can usually reach a decision in approximately one to two weeks. Here’s the process:
- A culture and value oriented discussion with our people team in which we’ll find out whether VALA would be a home for you where you can feel comfortable, find meaningful work, learn and flourish professionally. Moreover, we want to find out if you would take VALA culture further by joining VALA community work, improving VALA ways of working or mentoring others.
- A coding test or similar for those who will need such skills in their work.
- A second interview with our customer management team to figure out how VALA’s customer projects match your knowledge, wishes and interests.
Fill in the application here below in two minutes! For further information, contact Teemu Pesonen (+358 400 513 514).
Note for candidates outside Finland: We require an EU working permit.