Junior Test Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Junior Test automation engineer who is graduating soon or recently graduated, and who can start working full-time. Motivation and a genuine passion for learning are essential. But as important as the relevant background is that you share our values and feel that our culture is a match for you.
VALA’s culture is more than just inspirational quotes on screensavers and mousepads. VALA’s culture is a combination of actions, attitudes and relationships, with a hint of idealism.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work. Finding meaningful work for our people is our single most important goal.
- An excellent environment for professional development, e.g. annual personal education budget, mentoring and a chance to work together in a customer project with senior VALA colleagues and learn from them.
- You and your wellbeing is our number one priority, even before our customers.
- An emphatic, flat hierarchy and transparent organizational culture to thrive in.
- Opportunity to participate in the development of the company.
- Professional communities where we share our experiences and learn together on topics of interest, such as impact skills or new TA tool experiences.
- Lunch, phone and wellbeing benefits. We offer a 500€ annual wellbeing budget and you can choose where to use it (e.g. sports, culture, wellbeing or commuting).
- Possibility to participate in future engagement programs.
- On your behalf, we compensate your annual carbon footprint based on calculations of an average person living in Finland.
- Possibility to book a remote week in our office in Southern Spain.
- Possibility for at-home child care for a sick child.
What we hope you to have:
- You value the same principles as us: empathy and sustainability, wellbeing at the center, a self-directed way of working and a life-long learning mentality.
- Motivation and drive to become an expert in software automation.
- You are familiar with some coding language and test automation tool through studies or previous work experience.
- You have courage to bring up your own observations and ideas, ask help and discuss your own and others’ ideas constructively.
- Great communication skills. Fluent English is required, Finnish is a plus.
Next, you might be interested in hearing more about work tasks. We have +40 on-going projects so we can’t describe them all here, but in your daily work, you could be developing a test automation solution for planning the radiation treatment of cancer or developing a test automation solution for a sports application. You can read more about our public references here: References
In order to provide you with the best possible support and learning curve, we hope you will be able to visit the office every week.
Our recruitment process:
Our process is lean but thorough. The length of the process is largely depending on you. If you want, we can usually reach a decision in approximately two weeks. Here’s the process:
- A culture and value oriented discussion with our people team (and possibly a technical colleague) in which we’ll find out whether VALA would be a home for you where you can feel comfortable, find meaningful work, learn and flourish professionally. Moreover, we want to find out if you would take VALA culture further by joining VALA community work, improving VALA ways of working or mentoring others.
- A coding test or similar for those who will need such skills in their work.
- A second interview with our customer management team to figure out how VALA’s customer projects match your knowledge, wishes and interests.
Fill the application in two minutes below! More information from Teemu Pesonen (+358 400 513 514).
Note for candidates outside Finland: We require an EU working permit.